vicommon commands, one may still come across with obstacles to maneuver comfortably.
The following is an ongoing list which I consider be worth recording and practicing.
- Syntax Highlight (update your vim if this is not installed as default):
sudo apt-get install vim :syntax on, :syntax off
- Undo (one can undo multiple steps with the newer version)
- Replace (refer advanced regex skills):
- Search by keyword
- Go to the first line, last line, head of line, end of line
1G, G, 0, shift+4
- Backward or forward by one word
- Go to line n
- New line with input mode (on next line, on previous line)
- Multiple lines cut-and-paste, copy-and-paste
- Copy-and-paste from clipboard (using the shortcut of terminal window)
- Set line number and unset
:set nu, :set nu!
- Save the file often, override even when complaining read-only permission